Our guest writer today is Meenakshi Sharma, the founder of DateFyx, a platform that lists and curates memorable experiences for couples for date nights and special occasions as well as for families and groups of friends. Meenakshi believes that sharing experiences helps us bond better and create memories that you can chew on when you need a pick-me-up. A mother of two lovely kids herself, Meenakshi has put together a list of 6 unique experiences you can gift to your mum this Mother’s Day.
Are you are obsessing over what to gift your mum for Mother’s Day – flowers, cosmetics, a shiny gadget or jewellery? There is so much that mums can use and we can give to show how much we appreciate them. How about doing something different this year, like gifting mom a ‘good time’, something she can really cherish forever? What if you join for the experience along with her and give her your undivided attention all through? Well, the experience got even better.
Whether it’s your mum you are treating or the mum of your kids, we have handpicked a few of the experiences on DateFyx that are just right for the occasion and are truly enjoyable. If you mom believes in minimalism and prefers an eco-friendly lifestyle, she will love these ideas too.
1. Bespoke Silver Jewelry Making – Craft your own personalized jewellery in sterling silver in this 2.5 hour, fun and hands-on workshop, with a certified instructors sharing their tips and tricks.Take home your piece of art and proudly flaunt it along with your mom.
2. Personalized Perfume Making – Make a perfume for each other in this fun 2-hour workshop, rediscovering your personality traits and assigning them fragrances. Each participant takes home their signature perfume in a beautiful crystal bottle.
3. Transform Your Furniture Together – Nothing like customizing something for the house together. Indulge yourselves in a therapeutic and relaxed art experience, learning Annie Sloan’s renowned DIY paint techniques to transform your piece of furniture. Bring it home and find a nice corner for it to always remind you of the fun you had together.
4. Create Your Own Pottery – Allow mum to re-discover her creative side while designing her own piece of pottery, in a green sanctuary-like studio. Start with an engaging tour of the studio, walk through one of Singapore’s last dragon kilns and be inspired by the wonderful art pieces in this communal studio. Techniques covered include wheel throwing, slab and coil making. Collect your masterpiece after two rounds of glazing and show it off proudly.
5. Cooking Class – If mum’s a super proud chef who’s constantly adding more feathers to her cap, this one is for her. Choose one of the cooking classes hosted by Payal Thakurani, a passionate chef, cookbook author and cooking instructor who promotes healthy cooking and fresh ingredients. How about home-made flatbreads with some Indian curry for your next family dinner? Alternatively, treat mum to the Little India Foodie Tour, sampling food from 5-6 hand-picked regional restaurants in Little India.
6. Dining Under the Stars – Treat mum like a queen with this fairy-tale like dining experience by the sea. Set against the backdrop of the stunning sunset, arrive at your private dining gazebo walking past a beautifully lit pathway. Watch the sun go down, planes take off and all the lights go up as you indulge in your pre-ordered three-course meal.
-Meenakshi Sharma, Founder Datefyx
– Eco-travel| Why you should include Mongolia in your travel bucket list